Why Do We Use Cable Glands?
UMA glândula de cabo is a mechanical device used to securely attach the end of a cable to an instrument, junction box, or piece of equipment. Cable glands provide many functions:
– To firmly secure cable entering a piece of equipment
– To maintain theingress protection of the piece of equipment (minimum of IP54 for ‘e’ and ‘n’ type enclosures. Where the enclosure wall thickness is less than 6mm a sealing washer or thread sealant will be required to maintain IP54 protection)
– To maintain earth continuity between a piece of equipment and any armouring in the cable
– To ensure containment of an internal explosão in flameproof equipment
– To provide strain relief for the cable.
Is There a British Standard for Cable Glands?
The Code of Practice for selection, installation and inspection of cable glands used in electrical installations is covered in BS 6121-5 1989 Mechanical cable glands.
Selecting Cable Glands
Items to consider when selecting a cable gland for a particular installation include:
– Possibility of electrolytic action between the gland and the enclosure. Shortened lifetime for the glands and the cable entries can result if incompatible materials are selected. The most common materials used are latão, aço inoxidável e plástico. Material choice will influence cost.
– Degree of Ingress Protection required. See our page onIP ratings.
– Certification of gland for use in Hazardous areas
– Normal or barrier gland required
– Size of cable being terminated
– Size of cable entry on piece of equipment
– Thread form on the piece of equipment. The most common thread forms in use are imperial threads (NPT), metric threads, and PG threads.
What is a Barrier Gland?
Barrier glands are similar to normal glands, except a compound sealant material is used to ensure the inside of the cable is gas tight as well as the outside.
When Should a Barrier Gland be Used?
BS EN60079-14 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 14 – Electrical Installations in Hazardous Areas (other than Mines) provides a selection process for deciding if a barrier gland is required. There are various options to consider, however if the hazardous gas require IIC apparatus, or if the volume of the enclosure is greater than 2 litres then it is likely you will need to use a barrier gland. IIC apparatus is generally associated with Hydrogen.
Confira o que Shengyang tem para oferecer:
- Elétricoglândula de cabo solução de fiação para a protecção de fiação com R&suporte D
- Vários industrialglândula cabo de nylon para vários protecção de cabos
- Vários industrialprensa cabos de metal do design e da finalidade diferente.
-ondulado de conduo materiais de diferente para blindagem dos cabos.
-encaixes de conduíte para conexão segura.
- De outrosacessórios de fiação para atender todas as suas necessidades.