prensaestopas perform a number of essential roles in cable management. Diseñado para sujetar y asegurar el extremo de un cable eléctrico y el dispositivo está conectado a, glándulas de cable de puesta a tierra proporcionan, toma de tierra, aislamiento, unión y la tensión de alivio. También pueden usarse para sellar cables que pasan a través mamparos de entradas de cables.
They are often located in hazardous or harsh environments where they need to contain electrical sparks of flames, or repel outside contaminants such as dust, dirt and fluids. In addition to this, their job is to stop cables becoming twisted or pulled to ensure a secure connection and continual performance.
So how do you know which cable gland is up to your application?
Knowing your cable type
Different cables demand different kinds of cable glands. The requirements for an armoured cable are different to those of unarmoured cables.
Unarmoured cables can be more basic and may have no seal, a single outer seal or a double outer seal.
Armoured cables have an extra layer of protection to prevent damage. This may be a single wire armour, braided armour, pliable wire armour or double steel tape armour.
For both types, you also need to consider:
- Cable diameter
- Construction size
- Cable material.
por armoured cables, you also need to consider:
- The diameter of the inner bedding
- The diameter of the lead covering
- The short circuit fault rating of the cable armour
- The type and size of the armour braid.
Choose a material type
Different cable gland materials perform differently depending on the application, environment and cable type.
The three main types of metal are brass, aluminium and stainless steel. There is also a wide range of plastic and nylon cable glands to choose from.
Metal cable glands are used in a range of applications, including the chemical industry, technology and areas with high demands on special mechanical and chemical stability. The pros are durability over time, even in wet conditions, and its rigid stability.
prensaestopas de plástico have a wide cable range due to their claw and seal design, which makes them extremely adaptable to a wide range of applications. The pros are resistance to salt water, grease and weak acids, to name a few.
Nylon cable glands are specifically designed to have a resistance to UV in outdoor applications. The pros are high rate of strain relief and an expansive operating temperature range from -40oC to 100 oC.
Extra protection features
Your application or environment may demand the cable gland to possess a specific quality, above and beyond its basic function. That’s where you may consider one the following special features:
- Fire-stop cable gland which can withstand fire propagation through a barrier
- Explosion-proof cable glands
- EMI and RFI shielding and associated grounding features to minimise or eliminate electromagnetic or radio frequency interference
- Wire mesh for additional strain relief
- Liquid tight cable glands to protect against penetrating oils and waters.
There are a few important considerations that fall outside of the categories above. So before you choose a cable gland, also ask yourself:
- Is the wire hole diameter large enough to house all the cables in the system?
- Is the cable diameter sufficient?
- Is the pressure rating high enough for your application needs?
- Is the mounting hold diameter large enough for my cable gland?
- Is the depth and size of the gland thread metric or PG?
- Is there a requirement for stopper plugs to close off any unused cable entries?
Checa lo que tiene que ofrecer Shengyang:
- eléctricos pasacables solución de cableado para la protección de cableado con R&D ayuda
- Varios industrial prensaestopas de nylon para varios protección de cables
- Varios industrial prensaestopas metálico de diferente diseño y propósito.
- conducto corrugado materiales de diferente para blindaje de los cables.
- Los accesorios de tubo para la conexión segura.
- Otros accesorios de cableado para satisfacer todas sus necesidades.