Why Do We Use Cable Glands?
UN pasacables is a mechanical device used to securely attach the end of a cable to an instrument, junction box, or piece of equipment. Cable glands provide many functions:
– To firmly secure cable entering a piece of equipment
– To maintain theingress protection of the piece of equipment (minimum of IP54 for ‘e’ and ‘n’ type enclosures. Where the enclosure wall thickness is less than 6mm a sealing washer or thread sealant will be required to maintain IP54 protection)
– To maintain earth continuity between a piece of equipment and any armouring in the cable
– To ensure containment of an internal explosión in flameproof equipment
– To provide strain relief for the cable.
Is There a British Standard for Cable Glands?
The Code of Practice for selection, installation and inspection of cable glands used in electrical installations is covered in BS 6121-5 1989 Mechanical cable glands.
Selecting Cable Glands
Items to consider when selecting a cable gland for a particular installation include:
– Possibility of electrolytic action between the gland and the enclosure. Shortened lifetime for the glands and the cable entries can result if incompatible materials are selected. The most common materials used are latón, acero inoxidable y el plastico. Material choice will influence cost.
– Degree of Ingress Protection required. See our page onIP ratings.
– Certification of gland for use in Hazardous areas
– Normal or barrier gland required
– Size of cable being terminated
– Size of cable entry on piece of equipment
– Thread form on the piece of equipment. The most common thread forms in use are imperial threads (NPT), metric threads, and PG threads.
What is a Barrier Gland?
Barrier glands are similar to normal glands, except a compound sealant material is used to ensure the inside of the cable is gas tight as well as the outside.
When Should a Barrier Gland be Used?
BS EN60079-14 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 14 – Electrical Installations in Hazardous Areas (other than Mines) provides a selection process for deciding if a barrier gland is required. There are various options to consider, however if the hazardous gas require IIC apparatus, or if the volume of the enclosure is greater than 2 litres then it is likely you will need to use a barrier gland. IIC apparatus is generally associated with Hydrogen.
Checa lo que tiene que ofrecer Shengyang:
- eléctricospasacables solución de cableado para la protección de cableado con R&D ayuda
- Varios industrialprensaestopas de nylon para varios protección de cables
- Varios industrialprensaestopas metálico de diferente diseño y propósito.
-conducto corrugado materiales de diferente para blindaje de los cables.
-Los accesorios de tubo para la conexión segura.
- Otrosaccesorios de cableado para satisfacer todas sus necesidades.